I have found that these very lovely flowers:
are the fruits of a black locust tree.
They have an almost sweet fragance. There are two of these trees on the edge of my driveway….very old trees…..trunks that I couldn’t begin to wrap my arms around…..towering high into the sky.
However, when the rains come and the winds blow, these flowers turn into this:
When I took a quick look outside over the weekend, this actually looked like snow covering the entire driveway. However, I do find it to be beautiful…..in spite of its messiness.
Working backwards….yesterday…..lunch with some old friends….one has moved to the West Coast…..was back for a visit and some of us joined together for lunch yesterday. An awesome time….talking, laughing, catching up on each other’s news:
Saturday….the landscaping revision began…..not quite completed yet…..and as soon as it nearly finished, I’ll be posting some before and after pictures.
Blessings continue in my life….sometimes big, sometimes small. But they are there. We just have to remind ourselves to look for them:
29. Old friends, laughing and crying at the same time, the love shared between us.
30. In spite of its messy appearance, the “flower carpet” that used to be my driveway.
31. Friends who just ‘show up’ when you need them.
32. A small dishcloth for a friend started and finished in one evening:
33. Coconut shrimp.
34. Sunshine, blue skies and warmth after so many days of rain–though I do love the rain.
35. Tired, achy and exhausted after a long day’s work…but the feeling of accomplishment
and a job ‘well done’.